Your attempts at weight loss may be sabotaged by these six causative or contributory factors which you must address if you must succeed in your weight loss plan. You must have them at the back of your mind before you begin your weight loss program.
If you don’t consider of the following list below, your weight loss plan may hit a plateau. Here are the list.
1. Overworked thyroid gland–The thyroid which produces thyroid hormones is the primary organ of metabolism. You cannot burn fat or calories without the thyroid gland functioning optimally. Remember that calories do count although you may not count calories if you follow natural weight loss program which I advocate. A normal functioning thyroid glands helps you burn fat and excess calories including post pregnancy systemic weight gain. The liver is also a central metabolic organ that can pick up the slack and burn calories when the thyroid gland is compromised.
2. Systemic low-grade inflammation–Inflammation is the background trigger for all degenerative diseases including weight gain. You must quit consuming inflammatory foods like junk food, fried foods, processed foods, animal flesh, dairy products and prescription drugs. These foods are said to be allergenic and can provoke immune response which in turn releases free radicals causing tissue oxidation and breakdown of cell walls and weight gain is the result of this disruption. You must address these concerns if you must lose weight and keep it off.
3. Eating Acidic Forming Foods–Many obese individuals don’t even know the difference between consuming acidic and alkaline food. If you don’t alkalize, you agonize with the dangers of obesity. Alkalinizing the body tissues puts the body healing mode, immune modulation, tissue regeneration and repair. Remember that acid anywhere in the body burns and create chronic inflammation which sabotages your weight loss plan. The list of alkaline diet include cucumbers, radishes, squash, dandelion greens, turnip greens, collard green, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, lemons, avocados, grapefruit, asparagus, cayenne, alfalfa and cereal grasses like oat and wheat grass. Quinoa is a whole food which is one of only grains that is alkaline forming and it is more balanced with nutrients than rice, wheat, oat, barley or millet.
4. Hormonal Imbalance–Hormones are chemical messengers that relay messages and communication by telling the body what to do. Hormonal issues is not restricted to the thyroid but also steroid hormones like estrogen contribute to weight gain both in men and women. Fat cells are living Biofit reviews tissues which behave like endocrine glands or ductless glands and tend to release more estrogen that increase the risk of weight gain. Estrogens(especially estradiol) are also made in fat cells where they cause more fats to be stored creating a vicious cycle. This happens more especially in women between the belly button and the knees. This is what is commonly termed, ‘gut-butt obesity.’ Estrogen in general also tend to raise the blood levels of cortisol. It can also cause insulin spikes, blocking the re-uptake of thyroid hormone, and prevents the liver from breaking down fat accumulation. Estrogen dominance may cause weight gain even in women their 70’s which is long after menopause has ceased. If hormonal this type of hormonal imbalance is not addressed, your weight loss program will be hampered.
5. Enzymes–Know that digestive enzymes are always the missing link in most weight loss pursuits. Supplemental minerals and multi-vitamins don’t work as well without adequate supply of digestive enzymes. It is believed that approximately 90% of people struggling with weight gain or obesity lack adequate supply of the enzyme that breakdown fat called lipase. Enzymes seem to work in synergy with prebiotics like FOS, probiotics(good bacteria flora) and adequate supply of fiber often lacking in obesity diet.
6. Water–Hydration is normally the most common factor that most weight loss patients tend to forget. Drinking water is more important than eating health food, diet pills or even food supplements. Remember that the human body is 70% water. It is often said that dehydration is a common culprit in most weight gain or obesity malady. The widespread reason is because people have developed an unhealthy appetite for all kinds of drinks except pure water. There is no colored sugar water, chemicalized drink, alcohol or soft drink that can quench the sensation of thirst. Moreover, most obesity patients often mistake thirst for hunger and as such these people are always in dehydration and starvation mode. This because in the mid-brain, both the appetite center and the thirst center are located next to each other. People most often interchange one for another which worsens or disrupts the weight loss program.