Problem gambling can destroy your relationships; interfere with responsibilities at home and work, even lead to financial catastrophe. What is the problem of gambling addiction? Gambling addiction is defined as compulsive gambling (a type of impulse-control disorder). Compulsive gamblers can’t control the wish to gamble, it is all they can think about and all they want to do. Specialists say gambling addiction may change a personality beyond recognition.
The main symptoms of the gambling addiction:
– You feel the need to keep secret about your gambling. You may sweep under the carpet even long before yourself. You might delude yourself that you gamble in secret or lie about it, because you are incomprehensible to your relatives. You may also flatter yourself you will surprise them with a big win.
– Have difficulties with controlling your gambling. Can บาคาร่า you walk away or interrupt your gambling if you have already started it? Can you stop before you play away your last dollar?
– Are you ready to play away your grub-stake (even that, have been kept to pay bills, credit cards, or things for your children)?
– Family and friends are anxious about you.
People with gambling addiction usually think there is no problem and they can give up at any moment. They suggest that not gambling but money squeeze is the real problem. They prefer to learn how to manage their gambling without stopping and in many cases can’t imagine their life without gambling.
Gambling addiction therapy focuses on changing unhealthy gambling behaviors and thoughts, such as rationalizations and erroneous beliefs. But you should first grasp the importance of the treatment and the necessity to get rid of the problem.
If you’d better try to overcome for your problem yourself, here is some advices:
– Do something else;
– Focus on another activity (go shopping, swim, make something delicious, play paintball at long last);
– Bring yourself to wait five minutes, ten minutes, or an hour if you want to gamble, your wish will grow weak;
– Imagine first your future experience, how you’ll feel after all your money is lost;
– Find a supporting force (you close friend or partner).